Packaging historically has not been viewed as a promising career path. And while packaging impacts pretty much every part of our lives, it has not gained traction as a top choice career path in high schools and colleges.
Actually, packaging industry is a great choice, and it offers unique opportunities for people with many different skillsets and educational backgrounds. So why you should consider a career in packaging industry?
- The packaging industry is stable. So basically, even in tough economic times, there is always a need for packaging. People still need to buy consumer goods, especially food, which needs packaging to keep it safe and extend shelf life. And when the economy is doing well, consumers have more disposable income, which enables them to spend more on convenient products with premium packaging.
- There is a great opportunity for career development. Positions in packaging industry are not static. In fact, because the industry is so dynamic, there is almost unlimited room for growth. And like many technology-related business sectors, packaging technology also keeps becoming newer and better. Customers demand different type of packagings and new ideas. So, there is always a need for qualified employees.
- The packaging industry offers a wide breadth of careers. Packaging isn’t only design and production. It’s an industry with a strong need for salespeople, digital marketers, customer representatives, key account managers, project managers, engineers, accountants, quality control & certification managers just to name a few.
- If you search for a well-known and managed packaging company, you will see that work environments are largely safe and clean. The sector isn’t dangerous or dirty manufacturing job that most people know incorrectly. Packaging companies like Halaman, from design to materials to equipment, offer healthy, clean, and relaxed work environments. Safety is a top concern, as is employee wellness.
- The future of packaging is exciting. It’s a dynamic, ever-changing field. As lifestyles and consumer preferences change, so does packaging. Most packaging companies also look for promising, reliable young people to teach the job and make an investment for these talents. And they can have a great career with this opportunity.
But of course, if you prefer working for an industry that’s stagnant and slow-moving, don’t choose packaging. Because to climb the ladders you need to work hard and prove yourself with the given opportunities. If you can do that then you will have a great career and you can take care of your family for the rest of your life.
As Halaman Printing and Packaging we always look for new teammates that can add value to our business. If you want to join our team and work with us. Please kindly send your CV to email@example.com